Monday, May 24, 2010

TORO CHEER!

Ever sense I can remember I have wanted to cheer. As my oldest sister Beth was a Toro cheerleader, and also my other sister Heidi. I have been experimented with, in stunts as a young child. As I have grown older and reached quite a height in my growth there is no way I can be a flyer, but I prefer to back, there's nothing better than having complete control of the stunt. I have been to countless completions, the most boring sporting event to watch possible (take that back nothing beats baseball). But I've always wanted to be there, on the track cheering for football, or basket ball, as my sisters did it, and they were what I wanted to be.

So when I was 13 I decided to actually try out this dream and put it into effect! I started taking tumbling lessons at Desert Devils, and 8 months later I tried out for their cheer team. I made team four, but was still a semi-failure, because I did NOT have my backhand spring, and as competition came we didn't have time to work on it. So as I had an awesome time at cheer, met the most amazing people, and learned so much the past year Desert Devils, I still wanted to be that Toro Cheerleader! That’s all I EVER wanted! So as tryouts getting closer I decided to be determined to through away my mental block and get my back handspring. So after many private lessons with my AMAZING coach Clint! And many backyard lessons with my sister Beth, I DID IT! I was soo happy, and I was ready for tryouts.

I went the first day realized everyone hand a round off back-handspring serious with a tuck, lay-out, or full to finish it off. I went home and cried in the arms of Heidi, and continued going to the clinics and when tryouts came I removed all my fears and performed everything to the best of my abilities, and more! So when the numbers were posted, I didn't even want to discover mine wouldn't be there, but I went anyways.... and it was! I wouldn't believe it! It blew me away, and when I came home my sister Beth had gotten me flowers and candy! She’s the best and it made the day even better!

So as my dream has come true, I have practice at 5 in the morn 3 days a week! Which I'm ready for it! I would expect no less because I want this to mean more to me and REALLY TRULY LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment