Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Allison Paige Oberfield

A week before Spring break in 2006 my life changed forever. Being the loser I was.. I was watching fantastic four with my little brother Jayton on out brand new mini DVD player! We thought it was sooo cool to watch a movie on a tiny screen in front of the year old TV. (shows how spoiled our generation is) anyways... as I was watching the movie I hear Karia Lewis come downstairs and ask for our blockbuster movies so she could return them and get new ones to watch with Emily as there babysitting. With Koria was the girl she didn’t know why Emily was watching her because she was my same age. She was laughing at the ridiculous Size of the screen and I quickly left to block buster with them. (anything to get out of the house on a Friday night) we watched Just Like Heaven, at the Dellers and quickly became best friends. That summer we became very close. I found they're was fun activities you could do outside of your house. I never had a close Friend cause I was always in a focus school with friends that lived 30 minutes away. So I was soo glad to have a close friend. And it was even better to have a new friend at church. Her mom and step dad started coming to church and brought Meghan, Allie, and Logan. Allie soon was a part of my family and always calls my mom "mom" and dad "dad". The next year Tim and Christine Green got baptized. Something always talked about and would bring tears to many eyes. Allie was her older sister Meghan, with their rapidly growing testimonies, desperately wanted to get baptized, but didn't have permission from their loving dad. In March 2008 the Salt River Ward, my ward, fasted that they would soon receive permission to join the church. In my first full 24 hour fast, I was not hungry, because I desperately wanted this for them, and the lord was with me the entire time. My family and I were uplifted the hole day and the next day,(Monday) I received a text message telling me her father approved. On the day of her baptism I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and people could barely understand what I was saying threw my tears. When we went into the baptism room I gave her the biggest hug because I was so happy for her!

I love you Allie and I’m so grateful your my best friend

(I began writing this so it would be done on her 1 year birthday and our 2 year Reunion, but not everything is plan well. )

3 comments:

  1. You and Allie are two peas in a pod -- so glad you found each other. The Lord is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny I just read this on here because I totally just told that story in church today after talking about the power of fasting and prayer. I cry every time. haha I love you sister! and our other sista Alls Palls!! (p.s. I have a surprise for you!! But you'll have to wait and see what it is!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is Dallin Reed Jayton's friend and I didn't understand that.

    ReplyDelete